Got a baby mini Zebu bull..... Pics on PG. 2

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickenzoo, Nov 13, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I don't have pics yet...... I'll get them I promise! I had a rescued Zebu bull before, but it did not go well. He only liked me and would go after anything else out of fear. He was a beautiful black bull with a grey dorsal stripe, but he was just to dangerous to keep here. I found him a good home were he could be a bull not a pet. I happened to speak to a person I know that raises zebu and inquired if he was going to have any calfs born as I wanted a bottle baby one day. He informed me he had a nice little nine month old bull he was thinking of keeping, that was very friendly and would make a nice pet. He said he was grey - that was it, that is what I truly wanted- a grey one. He also gave me a great price, as he is registered and most of his cattle are high dollar ones. I got him for what most unreg. ones go for- and he is so cute !!!! He is about the size of our mini horse, or our 6 month GP. He eats from my hand, licks my face and is learning to be handled and lead, and he will come up to me on his own. I named him Charlamane, or Charmin for short. His registered name is Rock Star, because of the star on his head, but he looks like a Charmin to me, LOL. I saw his dad and mom and they are both tiny.... sooo cute. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    Sounds cute! So, are you going to castrate him or are you planning on breeding him?

3. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG] pics..... [​IMG]

4. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    You are such a tease! How dare you post this thread WITHOUT those pictures! LOL

Killin' me! So happy for you, he sounds like a doll, just don't make too much of a pet out of him, spoiled animals sometimes make the most dangerous. It's okay to spoil, just keep him respectable. [​IMG] And you better go get those pictures! [​IMG] Quickly, before a riot breaks out!

5. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

and when I say that I mean....

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

[​IMG]

meri

6. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm interested whether or not you'll be castrating him as well. I imagine a steer would make a better pet, but then again, who wouldn't want mini zebu babies running around? [​IMG]

7. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    OMG! Ever since I had my baby Yak experience, I've wanted a Zebu; you are soooo lucky! We have a guy down the road who raises them and I always slow down on the freeway to look at them. I can't wait for pictures!

8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

9. Ashmeade

Ashmeade Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Oh I TOTALLY want to see picts of him!!!!!!

[​IMG]

10. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    I had a grey bull also. Very particular who he liked and put several full size men the chain link fence (more than once). We got the bull and a mini donkey at the same time- both were 6 months old and buddies. When we moved to a larger house with more room - we brought the horse home and rehomed the bull. My mother was scared to death of him. I would definately casterate if keeping as a pet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by