Got a broody hen!WE HAVE A BABY!x4 *pic overload pg 3*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by petchickenlover, Jul 21, 2011.

1. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Well, my hen's been sitting for awhile [10+ days] and today i noticed she'd pushed an egg out of the nest, i figured it was a bad egg but i still decided to take a look to make sure things were actually developing and she wasn't wasting her time there. [​IMG]

See pics on pg 3!![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. Good Luck

3. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Songster

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I hope she does great for you! One of my favorites is seeing Mom sitting with heads poking out [​IMG]

4. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Songster

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    It is sad if they die. Yesterday my daughter was outside with the chickens and the babies. Still have 5 broodies sitting..... Anyways 1 egg was stepped on by a goose and the it was only day 15. My daughter was devastated and called me crying hysterical cause the other chickens grabbed it before she even had a chance to pick it up. Poor little thing!

Good Luck with your hatch!!

5. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    @chickenlady08 oh no! that's so sad [​IMG] your poor daughter!

thank you! i hope it's a good hatch. [​IMG] Together they gave 13-14 eggs under them.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  6. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    hahaha great pics. I dont notice anything. what is it?

7. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Quote:If you look in the shadow to the left of the black it looks like there's something there - i have a weird camera so it probably just messed up the pic [​IMG]

8. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    I just candled an egg and it looks closer to day 16-18 [​IMG] i guess we'll need to get that pen ready faster then expected!!

9. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Looks like i may have some babies tonight/tomorrow! broodies got up so i took the opportunity to candle one of them, looks like he's started to move into the air cell! the best part is i'm gone at a horse show tomorrow [​IMG] so when i get home at 10pm I'll probably have babies! at least i won't be sitting around waiting for them to hatch [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  10. lucyboo

lucyboo Songster

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:awww good luck with the horse show!! i tore my akilies (sp)tendon(the tendon that conects your foot to your leg!) and i had a horse show the next weekend which was last weekend! so i couldnt go!!! [​IMG] but i hope you rock the show and that you will have a couple babies as your extra 1st place prize!!! lol good luck!

<3 kelsey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by