1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got a broody hen!WE HAVE A BABY!x4 *pic overload pg 3*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by petchickenlover, Jul 21, 2011.

1. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Well, my hen's been sitting for awhile [10+ days] and today i noticed she'd pushed an egg out of the nest, i figured it was a bad egg but i still decided to take a look to make sure things were actually developing and she wasn't wasting her time there. [​IMG]

See pics on pg 3!![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. 1AcreRooster

1AcreRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Luck

3. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I hope she does great for you! One of my favorites is seeing Mom sitting with heads poking out [​IMG]

4. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    It is sad if they die. Yesterday my daughter was outside with the chickens and the babies. Still have 5 broodies sitting..... Anyways 1 egg was stepped on by a goose and the it was only day 15. My daughter was devastated and called me crying hysterical cause the other chickens grabbed it before she even had a chance to pick it up. Poor little thing!

Good Luck with your hatch!!

5. petchickenlover

Sep 9, 2008
    @chickenlady08 oh no! that's so sad [​IMG] your poor daughter!

thank you! i hope it's a good hatch. [​IMG] Together they gave 13-14 eggs under them.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  6. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    hahaha great pics. I dont notice anything. what is it?

7. petchickenlover

Sep 9, 2008
    Quote:If you look in the shadow to the left of the black it looks like there's something there - i have a weird camera so it probably just messed up the pic [​IMG]

8. petchickenlover

Sep 9, 2008
    I just candled an egg and it looks closer to day 16-18 [​IMG] i guess we'll need to get that pen ready faster then expected!!

9. petchickenlover

Sep 9, 2008
    Looks like i may have some babies tonight/tomorrow! broodies got up so i took the opportunity to candle one of them, looks like he's started to move into the air cell! the best part is i'm gone at a horse show tomorrow [​IMG] so when i get home at 10pm I'll probably have babies! at least i won't be sitting around waiting for them to hatch [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  10. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:awww good luck with the horse show!! i tore my akilies (sp)tendon(the tendon that conects your foot to your leg!) and i had a horse show the next weekend which was last weekend! so i couldnt go!!! [​IMG] but i hope you rock the show and that you will have a couple babies as your extra 1st place prize!!! lol good luck!

<3 kelsey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by