Got a broody hen!WE HAVE A BABY!x4 *pic overload pg 3*

petchickenlover

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Well, my hen's been sitting for awhile [10+ days] and today i noticed she'd pushed an egg out of the nest, i figured it was a bad egg but i still decided to take a look to make sure things were actually developing and she wasn't wasting her time there.
sad.png

See pics on pg 3!!
smile.png

Last edited:
It is sad if they die. Yesterday my daughter was outside with the chickens and the babies. Still have 5 broodies sitting..... Anyways 1 egg was stepped on by a goose and the it was only day 15. My daughter was devastated and called me crying hysterical cause the other chickens grabbed it before she even had a chance to pick it up. Poor little thing!

Good Luck with your hatch!!

@chickenlady08 oh no! that's so sad
sad.png
your poor daughter!

thank you! i hope it's a good hatch.
fl.gif
Together they gave 13-14 eggs under them.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you look in the shadow to the left of the black it looks like there's something there - i have a weird camera so it probably just messed up the pic
tongue.png

I just candled an egg and it looks closer to day 16-18
ep.gif
i guess we'll need to get that pen ready faster then expected!!

Looks like i may have some babies tonight/tomorrow! broodies got up so i took the opportunity to candle one of them, looks like he's started to move into the air cell! the best part is i'm gone at a horse show tomorrow
barnie.gif
so when i get home at 10pm I'll probably have babies! at least i won't be sitting around waiting for them to hatch
lol.png

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
awww good luck with the horse show!! i tore my akilies (sp)tendon(the tendon that conects your foot to your leg!) and i had a horse show the next weekend which was last weekend! so i couldnt go!!!
hit.gif
but i hope you rock the show and that you will have a couple babies as your extra 1st place prize!!! lol good luck!

<3 kelsey

Back
Top Bottom