Got a Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
with my bad knees i can't get a job i am like my dad he has bad knees

Speaking from someone who has had bad knees since they were ten, and has had two major knees surgeries before I turned 21, you can most definitely work. Before the surgeries, my knees would dislocate and pop out of their socket 8-10 times a month. During that time, I worked as a cashier standing for 8 hours, and then went home and iced my knees all night. I have worked at a dog kennel where I was bending, walking, kneeling so much that I would limp out of there after my shift. I don't work during the school year, but once the summer comes I will be right back at it. In the mean time, I clean the house, take care of all the animals, and do anything that is asked of me all while taking 18 credits and maintaining a 3.6 GPA, Honor Society obligations, and volunteering at a dog rescue while I am in college.

I am lucky that my mom still pays for all of my stuff. I only have to pay for gas and clothes/food not in the house and anything extra I want. I appreciate everything she does and help out in the house doing whatever I can. Unless your knees are so bad that you physically cannot walk or stand for more than 2 minutes, then you should have no problem going out and getting a job so you can pay for the things you want.

Did your mom tell you a reason that you're not allowed to use the phone or be certain places on the net? Maybe you can work out something together that will give you some use-time. About working, I think there's many of us that have to overcome challenges to hold down a job. My best friend is paralyzed from the neck down and would drive his chair to a distant bus stop, be let off near his phone job, then catch the bus back home every day.

I feel for you. My mom didn't let me do any of that stuff either. Of course, the fact that I was born in 1943 and none of that stuff was even imagined (except in science fiction novels) may have had something to do with her not letting me do it. How did I ever manage to survive?

LOL, you won't get any sympathy here other than we all understand your frustration cause we've all been where you are now.

But, until you are old enough to do this on your own, (having knee problems are no excuse for not working) you gotta go by mom's rules. We always have a reason for it, and you won't figure that out until you're older and gain more experience. But generally when mom's say NO, it's for your own good whether you think it is or not.

I will till you that we trusted our daughter once with her own cell phone... she texted us into a 700$ cell phone bill we didn't have the money to pay. We tried to trust her again after a long talk, she knew what happened, and she did it again.... shame on us, she never got another cell phone again.

Last edited:
Oh, so you are on disability then?? You can never ever get a job??

Red, you and I know what the OP's disability really is.
wink.png

A couple of thouhts...in no particular order.

You are not owed cell phone/texting/internet priveleges. You want them? Get up and earn them. If you're too young to do that, then you're too young to have those priveleges.

Bad knees? Really??? That's not enough to keep most people from earning their keep in this world. My uncle is a bilateral parapalegic (hit by a drunk driver while preping for a marathon). He works in a call center for a large bank. He makes a very respectable living....he has not only a cell phone - he has an I PHONE!! He has an Ipad 2, he has everything his income can afford....without using credit cards either! No credit card debt.

Girl, you've got some growing up to do - just remember that nobody owes you anything. Get off your bottom and earn it. Maybe you can trade ADDITIONAL chores for a few cell phone priveleges.

Good luck!

When you pay the bills, you can make the rules. Until then, suck it up cupcake. Be thankful you have a mom that loves you. You have a phone for emergencies, a home, food, computer, internet...

Looks like you have it pretty good. You should learn to appreciate it.

solution:
1. get job
2. go to work
3. get paycheck and see how much you really make after taxes
4. pay rent, car payment, insurance, water, electric, gas, property taxes, cable, phone, grocery, medical, cloths, lunch money, home upkeep, auto upkeep, ect,ect,ect.
5. get own cell phone with data plan with all the money you have left over
6. keep the house clean, cloths clean, meals cooked, kid clean and in school
7. feed pets
8. talk and text on your new phone with all the spare time you have.
9. Get up next day and do it all over again.

with my bad knees i can't get a job i am like my dad he has bad knees

Sit down jobs are for folks having bad knees, do not let that handicap stop you from getting a job.

Orpingtons4U Grow up!
smile.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom