Got a Christmas present from the Grinch this year.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sussexgal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. sussexgal

sussexgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Woke up Tuesday at 11:30 pm with abdominal pain. Toughed it out til about 5 am Wednesday morning then threw in the towel and went to the emergency room. Was in the OR getting my appendix removed by 1pm. Operation went smoth as silk and I got to come home at 11:30 this morning! Yehaa what a ride!

I gotta tell everyone though, I plopped my carry home stuff in the house and then took a slow stroll over to the hen house to commune with my girls. They bring me such joy.... if that's not healing, what is?

Merry Christmas to all and the happiest and healthiest of New Years.

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    man, tough break! glad it all worked out and you are feeling better. Chickens are good for the soul, and not just as chicken soup either.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wow...

Merry Christmas & Happy Healing Days!

4. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Ohhh Dear,

Hope you have some time now to chill out and relax and get well again.

Merry Christmas and a better New Year.

Jena.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Ouch! At least you got it done in time! Wishing a speedy recovery!

6. sussexgal

sussexgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank You All [​IMG]

In some respects this was one of the best Christmas' ever.... I work at the hospital I went to. I never realized just how many good, wonderful people I work with. I was never left alone.... there was always someone from my department with me through the whole process. Many people made sure that I would call them day or night if I needed anything (my SO is out of state and I am home alone). Friends like that can be hard to come by - I have been blessed with having many surrounding me. It's a beautiful feeling and I never would have known the depth of caring had this never happened. For this I am grateful.... In a warped kind of way this experience was a good thing [​IMG]

7. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Sounds like you have a good job, Glad your feeling better. !!

8. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    You are so right. Friends like that are hard to come by. You are blessed. Glad to hear your hens could give you some comfort. I know regardless of the day, the animals always bring me back to reality.

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ahhhh (((HUGS))))) get well soon and a Happy healthy New year to you...its such a good feeling to be blessed with lots of good friends and chickens!

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and that you were able to see something good in such a painful experience!
    Kat

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by