got a dum dum question to ask

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken delighted, Jun 28, 2011.

1. chicken delighted

chicken delighted Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    ok i am not sure that i am reading this little gaint themomitor right.
    it reads 99.5 so you think it 99.5.in the incubator now. i been told in a still air incubator i should have temp up between 101-102 so taking my digiat themomitor and making sure it is the same hight as the little gaint on top of the eggs when i reached 101.8 the little giant reads 3 lines above the 99.5 line if looking on the left 1 line above the 40 mark. sorry not sure how to read this thing. so hear i am asking for help on this dum dum question [​IMG]
    are they right or why off [​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I will give you the only answer I have. Buy a digital thermometer an trash that one. Then calibrate the digital one.

3. chicken delighted

chicken delighted Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    that what i have a digital themonter/hygromeater just recived it to day, how can you calabrate a digital [​IMG]

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    With the still air thermometer, it is very important where you place the thermometer. Refer to directions that came with the incubator or look them up online. Consider installing a fan in your still air. A regular computer fan ($2.00) can be rewired to any 12V adapter and easily mounted to the underside of the lid. Then the temperature should be the same at all levels int he incubator and thermometer placement is much less important, just keep away from heating elements.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by