1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

got a lil baby rabit???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by pheasant24, Apr 23, 2011.

1. pheasant24

pheasant24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    what do I feed it? its tiny! My friend brought it over....
    help would be nice! [​IMG]

2. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    How old is it? I feed mine rabbit pellets and timothy hay

3. pheasant24

May 31, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    well its wild and its probably 4-6 weeks....so do i give it warm milk....or what?

4. Higins00

Higins00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    awww, I'd google it if no one responds here. I wish I could save a baby rabbit. Got any pics?

5. pheasant24

May 31, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    no...but i can later! [​IMG]

6. Higins00

Higins00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    That's pretty neat. Did you give it milk? I would use goat's milk or skim. I know whole milk is not good for animals and usually they use goats milk for everything. It might eat some greens too.

7. equine623

equine623 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    NE PA
    Please call a rehabber....why was it taken from the wild? If its eyes open, fully furred and out of the nest its old enough to be left alone as long as it isn't injured.

8. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:I SECOND THIS!

Many people often mistaken a perfectly healthy baby rabbit for being abandoned when they are often NOT. The mother is most likely nearby and watching from afar. This is the age at which they begin to roam. I once had a young rabbit about have the size of my fist. It ran away when I put it outside one day to get some fresh air. It ran under my neighbor's porch and lived there for several weeks until one of my neighbor's cats got to it. The thing practically tripled in size while living on its own. Please take it back to where it was found.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I SECOND THIS!

Many people often mistaken a perfectly healthy baby rabbit for being abandoned when they are often NOT. The mother is most likely nearby and watching from afar. This is the age at which they begin to roam. I once had a young rabbit about have the size of my fist. It ran away when I put it outside one day to get some fresh air. It ran under my neighbor's porch and lived there for several weeks until one of my neighbor's cats got to it. The thing practically tripled in size while living on its own. Please take it back to where it was found.

I agree..

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:X 4

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by