Got a new camera and I THINK I figured it out! PICS!* of the lil ones!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Sep 16, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thanks to Barg and Mac in Abilene, appreciate your guys input on how to plug pics into computer. It took me couple of hours, but I THINK I have it figured out. Thanks guys!

Ok, here are UP to the MINUTE photo's (well in the last hour) of Cyn's BR grandchick, and her bud, the showgirl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, so sweet! Lil has some wide barring, but the tail and the dark wash down the front of the legs says GIRL. Hope I'm right!

3. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I hope so too, lets hope for TWO girls! Man, I dont know how folks get rid of them after they have had them from lil ones. They are such cuties and so fun. They think "the HAND" means goodies, I have a hard time just changing out the box, they are so silly. [​IMG]

Jill

4. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Awwwwwww how cute - the little showgirl looks SO sweet too.... Awwwwwwwwwwwww she'd be a house chicken for sure!

5. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    OMG, Chelly...are you saying you want a house chicken???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jill

6. FarmGirlNE

FarmGirlNE Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2007
    Tiplersville, MS
    Oh my god they're sooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! [​IMG]

I'm definitely gonna have to get some little showgirls when I get settled! lol Wanna send her to me? [​IMG]

Lil looks a lot like the little banty dominique I had on the farm... at least people guessed it was a dominique, they look about like barred rocks... lol He was my little roo, Aiden, first one I heard crow a few days before I left, I was so proud of him! lol [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    the babies are so cute, I miss having little ones around well there is always next spring LOL
    I do have a dumb question what is a showgirl? is it a breed or does it mean like a show dog?( you can tell I am still new to having chickens LOL )

either way they are cuties

8. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Showgirls is just a name for a cross between a Silkie and a Naked neck chicken. They aren't a breed yet...but I think in the next few years will be.... They have Silkie feathering and naked necks so they sort of look like Vegas Showgirls...you know those ladies with the huge feathers on their heads and bum...like this
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2007
  9. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Now I get it!!
    She is very cute with that little puffy thing on her head...
    I'm refering to the chick btw...
    Ok wait.. jill's chick...
    No offence to the lady in green wherever she is [​IMG]

Grats on the camera and getting it hooked up, the pictures look great!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Added... you changed the lady in green to a lady in white.. or am I going insane... again?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  10. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    It should be a lady in white...I found a better pic...more poof on the bum and changed it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by