Got a new flock for my anniversary!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NCcitychicken, Mar 11, 2017.

1. NCcitychicken

NCcitychicken Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2015
    Salisbury nc
    Hey everyone it's been awhile I was surprised by my wife when she told me for my anniversary I could have chickens again! We had to sadly give away our last flock a year ago and I've been bugging her ever since for more! Honestly she is as excited as I am!
    Not sure if some are true but I'm positive on everything except my marans and mystery chicks that I was told were amerucana. Hoping they are a barnyard Easter egged they have interesting colors now. What do y'all think?
    Amerucana full blood
    [​IMG]

Blue laced red wyandotte full blood
    [​IMG]

Cream legbar full blood
    [​IMG]

These are my I hope so chickens [​IMG]

Black maran? It is the only one with feathered feet
    [​IMG]

Blue maran? These are clean legged which worries me but colors seem right to me
    [​IMG]

Mystery amerucana? They have pink legs not slate and color is whacky but I think they are cool. The first one has a beard of sorts and a tuft on its head
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Where did you get that Blue Red Laced Wyandotte? Every hatchery called was out of them.

3. NCcitychicken

Dec 19, 2015
    Salisbury nc
    I got them from little birdie hatchery in North Carolina wake forest area. They may be pick up only but not sure. I picked mine up. They have a website. I bought 3 of the blue laced

4. NCcitychicken

Dec 19, 2015
    Salisbury nc
    Can you speak on my marans, I'm very interested in what people think about them, what they might be full blood or mixed. Marans were hard to find around here this week at least.

5. NCcitychicken

Dec 19, 2015
    Salisbury nc
    The full bloods all came from little birdie. My I hope so's came from a different fellow

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    too young please post new photos at 6-8 weeks. Happy Anniversary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by