Got a new part time job...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    ...at my local equipment rental shop! I rented a tiller Sat. afternoon and got a job there too. The boss said I could have the employee discount! My first day was today and I returned the tiller and found out the discount is FREE RENTALS! $65.00 worth of rental for free!!!!!!

[​IMG]

I may quit my part time country club job now that I have a part time job that's more fun and I get more $$$ AND it's only about 3 miles from my house so less gas $$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus it's great to work somewhere that has no dress code...WOO HOO! I'm such a jeans chicks!

I'll also get a lot of experience with heavy equipment working there. I have to learn EVERYTHING about everything they rent out.

He hired me on the spot because I have 3 years experience in landscape supply and most of their equipment is used for landscaping.

2008 just may be a great year!

Look what the FREE tiller did:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42320

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  2. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Awesome! Congrats!

That's gonna be a PURDY garden!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, thats great! And...free rentals!! Cant beat that! Ohhh, garden time....I am SOOO wanting to get out there, but still way to muddy here. Enjoy!

4. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    That's so cool....having a job you like makes life sooooo much easier!!! I saw your garden thread earlier, it looks great, I'm getting a bad case of spring fever but it's just a bit too early to start mine, it was fun to drool over yours, I have it mentally planted for you BTW :laulol.

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations. What a great way to fall into a job and so handy too!

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Free rentals?!!! :eek: How cool is that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by