Got a new pet

cassie

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 19, 2009
She is beautiful. I am not really a fan of snakes but I don't dislike them either. At one time I was considering turning a black snake loose in my house for mouse control. I decided against it because I was afraid I would get up in the night and step on him.

Goddess hen 763

Chirping
Sep 25, 2019
Good idea. If you need mouse and rat killer, get a cat from a local animal shelter. I recommend a black cat because they seem to be more skittish and “mean “ to animals smaller than him. You can get a tank aquarium and all the things for under 100 bucks. Please look at getting a pet snake instead of letting one go.

wyoDreamer

Crowing
9 Years
Nov 10, 2010
NE Wisconsin
Not much of a fan of snakes - but they have their place and I am always glad to see them outside.
How big is she? and what type of snake? python?

cassie

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Good idea. If you need mouse and rat killer, get a cat from a local animal shelter. I recommend a black cat because they seem to be more skittish and “mean “ to animals smaller than him. You can get a tank aquarium and all the things for under 100 bucks. Please look at getting a pet snake instead of letting one go.
Was this post meant for me? The black snake I mentioned was one that was roaming around outside my house. My neighbor caught it to show it to me. If I had turned him loose in the house it would have been for a short term and then I would have put him back outside. I had a group of some sort of rodents scurrying around in my attic chewing on my wiring. A black snake moved in and took care of the problem so I figured one would do the same thing in my house. I didn't want a pet snake. I wanted a mouse eater. I since acquired a Ragdoll cat. Much to my surprise he is an excellent mouser. However, I don't know which is worse, the mice or him charging through the house after them.

Top Bottom