1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got a new rooster, what is he?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by edford, Nov 26, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    birchen black and beetle green also his beak and feet are black and kegs have feathers and his skin around his face is a little dark hes full size same size as my barred rock roo just a bit denser.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    How old is he?

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like a cochin of mixed colors or a mixed cochin

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    edford, you have a very striking looking rooster. I think he deserves his very own breed catagory. Let's see...... ummm......... he looks like a.............. I got it!! He is a Harlequin Dartmouth Green !!!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. yepp hes definitely a strange one, i save him from being eaten lol and when i seen him from afar i thought cochin to but hes kinda tall i actually have a standard cochin roo and he dwarfs him height wise by far and is a touch wider so maybe a mix but i just dont know either way he has 9 new black sex linked girlfriends and will never be eaten lol. i went to pic up some hens and asked why he was isolated the man said im gonna eat him, i said name your price he said pay for all 7 hens (which are all his offspring) and ill give him to you so now hes cock of the roost lol.

6. the man told me he was hatched spring 2012 but idk for shure.

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Baymule! I've missed your breed names!!!

Op, look up a birchen Marans and see if you think that's your boy. His color isn't "good" for a birchen, too much leakage, but that could fit the size and feathered legs.

8. Very much like the maran in composure and facial features mines just thicker and a touch more feathers on his legs, maybe cochin maran cross? thanks for the help btw

9. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Nice to know my weird sense of humor has delighted someone. I'll try to get on here more often and come up with more goof-ball breed names! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by