1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got a picture of one of my hens that was not blurry and wanted to show it off!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pixie, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Pixie

Pixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Lake County IL
    Most of the time I get "blurry" chicken heads and still bodies in my photos. I got a whole chicken photo'd today and she was still!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwww....congratulations, Pixie!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]That is one fabulous picture that is SO worth being proud of. I like to consider myself a "chicken and duck photographer," and there's nothing more exciting that getting a great photo to share with your fellow chicken lovers! I can't think of a better place to do it than BYC. [​IMG] Thank you so much for showing us!

-Alex

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. DiamondFrazieur

DiamondFrazieur Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2015
    North Carolina 28310
    You give me chicken envy.
    Just got my 10 Black Oz peepers .. I sure hope they look that nice when they grow up :) I know what I like when I see it.

4. Pixie

Dec 28, 2008
    Lake County IL
    I got these in March. They are SOOO soft. Softer than my Orpingtons. I love the bottom thigh feathers too. I have one that looks like a running chocolate chip because her 'under fluff' is so poofy.

5. DiamondFrazieur

DiamondFrazieur Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2015
    North Carolina 28310
    Personality was my number one priority for selecting this breed as my final choice.
    Good to know they're just as soft and fuzzy on the outside too! ;) That and they have soft, dark eyes too. Critters with red, orange or amber eyes give me the willies lol

6. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Smile Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    how nice!!!! good job; that's a really pretty chicken!

7. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Great picture! I know what you mean about the soft fuzzy feathers!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Pixie

Dec 28, 2008
    Lake County IL
    I see this when the "good stuff" aka oatmeal & scraps are put out! LOL LOVE that pic!

p.s. what is the white and red by the tree??

p.s.s. I think there should be a WHOLE thread dedicated to pics of the back end of chickens.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Hey Pixie that is a beautiful photo of a gorgeous gal!

I have a contribution for a thread dedicated to pics of the back end of chickens ….. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by