Got a question...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TamiHunter, Nov 19, 2009.

1. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    Today is day 22 for this hatch and 3 out of the 6 have hatched today. [​IMG]
    My question is: How long do I wait for the other 3 that haven't hatched yet? The 3 that are here now are doing great. Do I wait another day or 2 to see what happens, or do I assume the worse?

2. Laurelm

Laurelm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    San Diego County
    I usually wait until about day 24. You never know some can get behind schedule for one reason or another. You can quickly remove the other chicks once fluffy.

3. TamiHunter

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    I'm just worried about the humidity if I open the bator. So the eggs should be ok if I quickly remove the chicks?

4. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:just get a luke warm spray bottle of water and once the chicks have been collected....hit the inside of you bator with 2 or 3 mist's of water. Close the top and watch your humidity hit the 70's in seconds. As far as shutting it off, day 24 is when i cut the power. Do you have any other pip's??

5. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Yes it will be fine. Just do one grab a day! Open remove fluffy chicks and then close. Wait for the next day(24hrs or so later) open remove fluffies and close...and so on.

6. TamiHunter

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    Quote:just get a luke warm spray bottle of water and once the chicks have been collected....hit the inside of you bator with 2 or 3 mist's of water. Close the top and watch your humidity hit the 70's in seconds. As far as shutting it off, day 24 is when i cut the power. Do you have any other pip's??

Not that I can see.

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

8. TamiHunter

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    [​IMG] Ok...thanks..[​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Sound be fine, you can have a hot wet paper towel handy and scrunch that up and pop it into a corner or something.

Make sure the room the bator is in is nice and warm, you don't want cold air rushing in either.

10. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:ha ha ha ... I thought you would like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by