Got a "rescue" silkie ***PICS ADDED :)***

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mochicken, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    My wife introduced me to the woman that she met at a flea market last week and we went to her house to get a silkie that she had, it was her only silkie so she didnt want to keep it after she sold the parents and all the brothers and sisters

She is a super sweet lady that rescues abandoned pets and keeps them until they find a new home, she had an AWESOME collection of different peacocks, guineas, game fowl, and many different kinds of chickens ( as well as about 15 dogs )

She told my wife that she could have the silkie if we came to get it, we refused to take it for free and insisted that she take the same amount she sold them for at the flea market, only $6 but it helps her feed and helps her cause of helping animals.

He is supposed to be around 6 months and is WILD, she said he has been a loner with the other chickens because his father kept him away from the ladies, so he adopted a couple hens and has stayed in a pine tree with them lol.

He is gonna be a tough nut to crack if you will but we will get him tamed down, I will snap some pictures in a lil bit when my iPhone is done updating [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Awwww He's a cutie! [​IMG]

4. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Love the color. He looks young, too. I've got some 3 1/2 mo old Silkies that have way bigger combs and wattles.
    What I do to tame them down is hold them. A lot. After the 1st 15 seconds of sitting in your lap and getting petted they calm way down and are pretty eager to come up to you the next time you sit down with them in their run.

5. [​IMG] awwwww what a cutie! I am sure you will make a luvr out of him. nicely done.

6. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    He's a biter lol, I have been holding him alot and he is still flighty but he is ok with being held. I gave him a nice warm bath yesterday and held him in a warm towel and after I let him go he tried to cuddle back up on my lap in the towel lol.

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Need to add him to your signature! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by