Got a trapper coming next week

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by eggcited2, Sep 19, 2012.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Found a trapper through a friend. He is coming next week to set traps.

We all feel I have a bobcat for sure. But other things are coming around too.

He is bringing live traps for things from raccoon, possum, fox, bobcats, etc. Also some dog safe (none jaw kind of teeth traps) traps, the raccoon sticks it's hand into the piece of pipe, and when it pulls on the trigger to get food out, that springs the trap and holds the coons hand/leg in the trap.

I have lost over 40 chickens. Plus two adult hen turkeys, five ducks, my big white standard cochin rooster that weighed in at 16 pounds, and just this week - my blue standard chochin rooster, who weighed 10-11 pounds. All within about a month.

The only ducks I have at this time a muscovy, and they can fly and roost on top of the roof of the chicken house, which is about 15 feet up.

My chickens will not go into the chicken house anymore and insist on roosting on the 6 ft. tall chain link fence. But something is still getting them that high.

I hope he gets everything that is coming around!

I had hoped to be up in Illinois before this, into a much more secure fenced area, and also where I can have Jasper (my GP) at home. But the double wide I purchased has been beyond a nightmare. I have no clue when I am going to be able to move now. I thought I was close (after spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to repair and fix things that should not have been wrong) to finally moving, but last Friday, the plumbers found black mold.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good luck. I hope the trappers get everything.... and black mold. YUCK!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by