got a xcellent global mini incubator for Christmas. first incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by punky1991, Dec 28, 2014.

1. punky1991

punky1991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2014
    I got a xcellent global mini incubator for Christmas.its my first incubator. I'm trying to find eggs so I can start.

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Congrats, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it! Have you checked for hatching eggs on Craigslist? Lots of folks just advertising eating eggs have fertile eggs too. Or, you could go to the Where Am I? Where Are You? section of the forum, find your states thread and see if anyone has eggs and is close to you.
    Good luck :)

3. punky1991

Dec 28, 2014
    Ok thanks I will look

4. punky1991

Dec 28, 2014
    I keep trying to find reviews and stuff on them but can't find much on them at all.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Maybe you could post a pic of your incubator and hopefully others members may recognise it and be able to help you. I'm not sure if you have already checked this section out, its the incubator reviews. Here's the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/egg-incubators

I would recomend you get a seperate thermometer and hygrometer to make sure it's calibrated and running correctly and steady before you set eggs.
    Wishing you the very best of luck with your incubator.

6. punky1991

Dec 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

7. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

It's a generic 'Chinese' incubator and you will find several companies like xCellent that rebrand it and sell it as their own...

It's manufactured by (or at least the main distributor is) Janoel so try some Google searches for the below to get reviews and opinions...

JN10 incubator
    JN-10 incubator
    Janoel 10 incubator

*** EDIT you posted your picture now and that seems to be a different model, I suspect though that it's still made by Janoel so I'm sure a little Googling will pop the answer...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  8. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I see which one you mean now. I've not seen any reviews on this either there was a member a good few weeks back who was having problems with how to turn the eggs in this incubator. I believe it's not an auto turner? I will have a look for you and see if it's still in my subs and post you the link. Hopefully this member will able to help you.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  9. collingwood

collingwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats with your incubator!

10. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Some quick Googling and it appears the one you have is the varient of YZ9-7, so some Googling of YZ9-7 might yield some light...

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by