Got advice for problems with a CAMERA??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sunny Side Up, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I have a basic digital camera, a Kodak Easy Share. Bought it over a year ago, no extended warranty bought. It's been working fine until a few months ago, now it's working unreliably. It won't turn on every time, it seems to be wearing out batteries more quickly. I have tried fresh new rechargeable batteries, freshly recharged. I haven't dropped or injured the camera in any way. I contacted Kodak who returned with the generic advice, try new batteries & a new card, blah blah.

But if that doesn't help then send it in for service or return it for a discount on another camera.
    [​IMG] I just find it so frustrating that things aren't made to last for any amount of time these days. Or you must buy the extended warranty because it's sure to break down in a year or two and you'll need a new one. And I'm on such a limited budget that it's difficult to scratch up the $$$ just to buy the product in the first place, I can't afford the warranty in addition to the purchase. But then I find myself stuck in a year or two needing to buy another thing.

All I want is a nice basic camera to keep in my purse for capturing the beautiful & interesting moments in life. I thought I had one, but I guess it's not expected to last more than a year or two. Or is it?

Please advise, is there a way to make this "old" camera work? Is there another one I should start to save $$$ to buy?

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I can't help fix your camera, but I wouldn't spend much money trying to fix it. Basic good cameras are fairly inexpensive, and there are some great deals available. Good luck

Imp

3. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Quote:Try to find out how to do a "hard reset" usually a hidden button or "hold this, that, and the otherthing while turning it on..." procedure.

If it has a date function, Do a hard reset then set the date for a year before you bought it. Sometimes they are sneeky to get you to buy new stuff.

4. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Thanks, I'm going to phone Kodak to talk with a tech, I'll ask them if I can do a "hard reset". And I'll try that thing with setting the year to an earlier date. I know these cameras are "inexpensive" for most folks, but not for me.

Anyone have leads to places where you really can get a good deal on these kind of cameras?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by