1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

got all supplies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tc62, Mar 17, 2009.

1. tc62

tc62 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    leap of faith farm
    ok I got all the things I need to make my bator Now what were do I start ... ??

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Did you go and see all the pages of home made bators and decide what one you are gonna do ?
    Good luck [​IMG]

3. tc62

tc62 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    leap of faith farm
    yes and I think I am going to use some ideas from 2 of them.. I think I am just nervous .. I used to take down walls, hang things on walls, install car speakers, cb's, plumbing you name it I wanted to do it I did it. and now my husband has me second guessing my self.about everything . he has to have everything his way and just so. I guess I am just nervous I will take a deep breath and just get started..

4. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    If you've read the posts, and you have all the materials... just go for it! If I can do it, anyone can. I was so proud of myself, even DH was showing it off to visitors.

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Yeah If I can build a home made bator that dosnt blow up anyone can. LOL I cant hook my tv up to cable and a dvd player at the same time thats how bad I am but I made one and it works pretty well.

GO FOR IT!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    I did it and I was totally clueless [​IMG] on any type of electrical work it works fine just fine tuning it before I put in my 1st hatch.
    You can do it! [​IMG]

7. SoJoChickens

SoJoChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Fountain Green, UT
    Ignore your husband and go for it! Post pictures when it's done please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by