1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GOT AN EGG !!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by new to it, May 10, 2007.

1. new to it

new to it Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2007
    tummel bridge, scotland
    SO EXCITED WANTED TO SHARE WITH ANYONE WHO IS OUT THERE GOT MY FIRST REAL EGG (WITH SHELL) THIS AFTERNOON KNEW IT WAS COMING SONIC (THATS THE CHICKS NAME!!)SEEMED VERY AGITATED FOR SEVERAL HOURS THEN I LOOKED IN NEST BOX AND THERE IT WAS NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO QUITE GET MY JOY I HAVE FELT LIKE A PROUD MOTHER ALL DAY WAS SURPRISED BY HOW SMALL IT WAS BUT IT IS PERFECT KIDS NOW FIGHTING OVER WHO GETS TO EAT IT:)

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Congratulations! Isn't it eggciting?! [​IMG] I took pics and dimensions of all our ladies' first eggs and documented the dates in my flock journal.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Congrats! The first egg is so exciting.

4. new to it

new to it Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2007
    tummel bridge, scotland
    YES THANK YOU FINALLY GOT SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS EVERYONE ELSE I HAVE TOLD TODAY THINKS I AM COMPLETELY BONKERS EVEN MY OTHER HALF HE SAID "ITS JUST AN EGG"!![​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, thats great! I remember when my RIR layed thier first eggs.....it was like Christmas!!

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I know how you feel! I was telling everyone I knew when we got our first egg. They kids went crazy over the green & blue eggs the first time they found them in the nest.

7. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Eggness is wonderful [​IMG] [​IMG] congrats, we all know the excitement!
    Miriam

8. Canarygirl

Canarygirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Well were twins cause we got our first egg yesterday to !! We have 5 buff orpingtons and not sure who gave it to us but we thanked all the girls anyways. Does anyone know if they start out small and get bigger, the first one was like a mini egg?

9. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Yes they are pullet eggs first. And will get larger in a couple of months.

10. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awsome!! I was just as excited when my Girls laid their first eggs, I even wentt and saved the eggs shell, by blowing the egg, and mounting it!! he he hehe!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by