GOT AN INVITE TO OREGON, WITH A JOB POSSIBILITY!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by d.k, Sep 10, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* My Big Little Bro called me today. He is visiting Oregon and investigating a job opportunity there. He asked me if we might be willing to come out as assistants if he takes on the job. It is a bit north of Coo's Bay, about 8 and 16 hours drive to my folks and Little Bro's. We are seriously considering it. Any imput from my pals and prayer buds?? Also, anybody aware of the legalities of chicken keeping in that area??

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Do it. Oregon is beautiful

Too bad you will not be nearer to Portland. We will be looking for a good family to lease our place for a couple years.

3. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    what is the place like you looking to lease how much land how many bdrms and the monthly rent thanks we thinking of moving to another state thanks alot

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*Thanks, TL. I have flown into Portland and Seattle to get to Eureka, CA once a few yrs back. What I got to see (not much, admittedly) was pretty nice. Saw Mt. St. Helens, WA too-- flew right over it.

5. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Coos Bay is a lovely little town. You'll always have plenty of fresh, delicious sea food there [​IMG] I think it would be a wonderful opportunity if you don't mind wet weather. The Oregon Coast is VERY WET and VERY STORMY most of the year. But in Summertime, it is THE BOMB [​IMG]

Don't know about chicken keeping. I can research it some for you.

Good luck and lots of prayers coming from us [​IMG]

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Sounds like a great opportunity - why not? I'd do it, if I had the chance to go somewhere different, good luck in your choice d.k. [​IMG] Sorry, I don't know about the chicken thing in that area, it's nice that you even consider that. You can't not have a chook. [​IMG]

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Oh yes-Oregon is amazing. I love the Southern Oregon Coast! Should not have an issue with chickens here. What will you do with your farm?

8. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    The Oregon coast has a wild and raw beauty that is nothing like you see in beach scenes in the movies or even where I grew up in San Diego.

I love spending time there at my BIL's house in Arch Cape, a private beach.

Even in stormy weather, walking the coastline is invigorating.

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* BiOS, and DC. Yeah, I'm familiar with PacNorthwest weather. My family is in Humboldt, CA and they share the storms west of the mountains on the coastline. Don't know if it's better or worse than hurricane season, almost as long, though. Would definitely be COOLER though, eh?? [​IMG]

10. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:one acre, 3 bdrm/2 full ba and den 1800 sf. Rent is yet to be determined [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by