Got Catahoula?

RebeccaLauren

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 31, 2014
I posted a thread when I found my Catahoula puppy, Diesel, asking what breed everyone thought he may be mixed with, as Catahoula was the only thing that stood out to my co-workers and I. The thread is here incase anyone wants to look at adorable puppy pictures.
tongue.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/934590/found-a-puppy-help-me-with-the-breed

Now at 8 months of age, he weighs right over 20 lbs. Small right? Does anyone out there have small Catahoulas? Maybe he's mixed with Beagle? Smartest dog I own, incredibly obedient. High energy but that isn't a problem. He is always under my feet. Literally everywhere I go he has to be. Even to work with me at least 1-2 times per week. He has the Catahoula traits. He's very dominant over my other dogs who are both 2x his size.

The bald spot in my carpet is all thanks to him, by the way.

So, if ya got one, post it! Love the breed, but no one in my area seems to have them. We've had MAYBE one come into the clinic over the past couple years - and he was heavily mixed!

That's what we were thinking when he was younger but I don't see any resemblance anywhere!
@BayBay Peepers

Then I would think he's just a petite Catahoula :) Come to think of it a friend of mine adopted a little lady recently and she can't be more than 25 lbs or so.

I'm wondering if my pup is a Catahoula mix. He's probably about 4 months old (just lost his puppy teeth), and my husband found him as a stray. I assumed he was an Aussie mix because of the coloring, but he has short hair and a long tail. I just recently discovered Catahoulas, and I'm wondering if that might be what he is. What do you guys think?

This is bandit, our 5 week old catahoula mix pup. Waited quite a while to find the right catahoula puppy and finally we have found our lil one. Very excited and happy to receive any advise as far as training.

Love my Catahoula! Drove 8 hours to get him. I live in Northwest Indiana and don't know anyone else that has a Catahoula. Difficult puppies but this isn't my first rodeo!

Back
Top Bottom