Got Dark Cornish comming!!UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gmendoza, Jan 25, 2011.

1. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Finally I got my meat birds comming that I was after.

I went to fort mill,sc sunday and bought two black sex links from a reputable chicken farmer. He showed me around his place to show me his new things.He has some good looking silver wyandottes, golden whyandottes and americanas for breeding. He has some astralorps and a big astralorp roo who came running up to me just to squak once,then left. [​IMG]

Then I saw his dark cornish bulldog chickens.Hes incubating 3 eggs and he will call me when they hatch.

Im so excited!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Grats! [​IMG]

3. gmendoza

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Th dark cornish bulldog chicks hatched yesterday!! Im going to pick em up tomorrow!!

Hurray! Ill post pics! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Doc1

Doc1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2011
    Hello all
    I am Doc1
    I am new to the forum so this is strictly a question
    Has anyone seen or actually knows what a true full blooded bulldog cornish game looks like and are there any still out there.
    I ask this as I have been looking for some.
    I guess it has been 20 years ago,I purchased what was believed to be the last 20 full bloods around. I got these from a man that had won
    several 1ST place contest and shows. I understood he was barred for a couple of years and then went right back winning again
    Due to a young neighbor doing a stupid thing ,he turned a dog into the pen and killed all I had and broke the eggs
    I searched several places and could not find any .Seeing this to day is why I am asking as I would be interested in getting some
    Thanks for any replies

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  5. gmendoza

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Quote:Here you go Doc1.Heres a pic of a dark cornish bulldog hen:

[​IMG]

I dont know if its a true fullblood.True fullbloods were made for fighting,but then when they matured,they looked more for eating.

6. Doc1

Doc1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2011
    I do appreciate the reply and the pic sure looks like a full blown bulldog
    I used bantam hens to hatch the eggs and raise the chicks as the bulldog hens although ferious protectors just did not make good setters
    or mothers compared to other breeds,or they did not seem to me like they were

7. gmendoza

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Quote:Well I got two pullets and a cockerelle about 5 weeks old in the grow out coop with the same colors.Keep in touch. I might have a mutt or two.The dark cornish hen has been mated with my roo,a red sex link.

Or just wait for 6 more months for bulldog fertle eggs.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  8. Doc1

Doc1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2011
    Mendoza
    just wanted to check and see how your bulldog cornish are coming along . Sure hope they are growing and doing good
    wish you luck and will keep in touch
    sent you a private e-mail

9. gmendoza

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    The dark cornish are doing great.One is a cockerell,and the other tw are pullets.!!! We lucked out.The cockerelle is crowing now.We still have the older hen that was in the pic.So I guess we will start having dark cornish meat on the table next year.

Weve had our allotment of chicken hatching,raising,and harvesting( Just did ten today. *whew!) for the year. Now we will be into guinea meat and hopefully duck.

10. Doc1

Doc1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2011
    glad to hear that they are doing good
    If you get a good stock going would sure like to get some from you
    thanks for the reply

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by