Since I had an unexpected day off today, I decided to upgrade the chicks' brooder and give them a little more space. They were in a large metal water tank, which is fine for now, but considering they will likely be inside for another three weeks, I wanted to give them a little more space. While I tried to sleep last night, I ran through a mental shopping list of any scrap laying around that would make a decent brooder. I finally decided on some luan closet doors that were just taking up space in a storage shed. I tacked four of them together into a square and added another on top to provide a solid top and a bit of "cover" for the chicks. I built a simple 2x2 frame and stapled chicken wire to it for the rest of the top. The wire portion lifts like a trunk lid to access the brooder. I'm happy with it considering I had 90% of the stuff laying around.