Got em today!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Ronnie2, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Ronnie2

Ronnie2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    I found on Craigslist in Tyler a fellow who raises exotic chickens. He had an add, stating he had 3-pair of buff arpinton, and 1-rooster for sale for $80.00, about a year old. Well, I went over and picked them up this afternoon, real nice guy. I'm planning to keep them in the coop until at least Sunday or Monday of next week. I had just purchased a 30-gallon hanging feeder from Tractor Supply, and filled it up with a 20-percent protein crumbles, 50-pound sack for $15.00, at local feed store, and filled it almost to top. My neighbor across the road loaned me his two compartment traveling cage. When I let them out they immediately started eating, I had a 10-inch deep aluminum cooking pot for a waterer, and already had covered the dirt floor with 6-inches of pine straw gathered from under our pine trees. Now along with my 2-farm cats, and my travel where I go dog, my farm animals or about as complete as it's going to get. The man, Bill who I bought the chickens from suggested I get a great pierenice dog to chase off the coyotes. Anybody want to get rid of one? Will be back bright and early, 10:00 in the morning, as I do every morning, exept Sunday for church, got to enjoy coffee with the wife first.

2. WillGriffin03

WillGriffin03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2016
    Macedon Ranges
    That sounds great! Buff Orpingtons are a lovely breed, good luck! [​IMG]

3. Ronnie2

Ronnie2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    I went and looked in on the chickens this morning, 1-egg in the pine straw on the ground, I'll wait until late this afternoon to go pick it up, and see if I got another. I had put some straw in the nest boxes, they had scratch it out. I saw the 2-inch PVC oyster feeder this morning, will be building one of those when I get threw closing up the holes between the rafter tails today on the coup.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by