Got flu mist up the nose..now IM SICK

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sonew123, Oct 6, 2011.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Seriously! I have never gotten the flu shot or mist before because I had seen Some friends through the years get violently ill from it..I caved and got the mist yesterday...the live vaccine..well NOW IM SICK! It came on fast...Sneezing all day..heavy headed and my stomach is a mess..Met my BYC buddy for dinner and she's a nurse and said LOL. You are sick now...she laughed because she agreed when I said I knew Id get sick! I hate when people swear it doesn't happen..Well im here to tell you it does:( Not looking forward to tomorrow and working feeling like this [​IMG]. I think Ill go in a certain office of the person that convinced me it couldn't happen ..get the mist..I wanna sneeze on her keyboard [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hope you feel better soon.

My doctor advised me that it's too early to get my flu shot.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I've never had the mist...
    BUt when i get the shot i never get sick...

*not trying the mist now..lol*

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Thanks Gritty...figures..its supposed the be the most beautiful weekend too..I have BYC buddies staying with me this weekend..lists of canning going on..vet appts for dog and his allergies..dang it..why is it too early to get it?

5. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I have twins and one got the shot, and the other wanted the mist. The one that got the shot was fine and the one that got the mist, got sick. I guess the live vaccine isn't so good.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Poor thing. We already got the flumist and none of us got sick.Guess we were lucky

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:It causes a bigger and better immune response for the real flu.... sorry about your dd

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Don't blame you one bit!

9. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    I got the shot once and the mist once, I got sick both times. [​IMG]

10. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    My DD got the flu mist at school a few years ago and a couple of days later she had a 102 fever for 3 freakin' days! She got the flumist so she wouldn't miss school and yet it caused her to miss 3 days. They have offered it every year since and I always decline. They had the nurses at the school giving it today... I would rather take the shot ( I never had a reaction to the killed vax). My youngest 3 have never been vaccinated for the flu. My mom got the flu shot last year and had an allergic reaction to it and developed sever swelling and redness in her arm from shoulder to elbow and they ended up putting her in the hospital for it for a couple of days.

PS wanted to add - I hope you feel better soon!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by