1. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Here in the western Chicago suburbs, I know many who have had the pneumonia part of this year's flu.

Me and my 3 kids have been home 4 days with fevers, chest pain, cough and nausea, on Xopenex nebulizers. At least everybody's sick all at once [​IMG]

the best thing about being so sick? The day you start to feel better. Next week is looking puuuurty.....

How many have this flu now? What part of the country are you in?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]
    We havent got hit here yet... *knock on wood*

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Speedy healings for all of you! When my kiddos seem like they are getting ill I have them start taking immune boosting gummi's that I get from walmart. They have vitC,echinacea,and zinc.

No flus or major illnesses noticed here in NE Ohio.Good thing because the kids are already close to the max amount of days they can miss from school for the year without us getting a truancy letter!

4. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Quote:Oh yea we've been taking Carlson's Vitamin D fish oil and Emergen-C drinks too! Last Friday youngest son and I caught a vomitting kid as he was passing out, and that was just 2 days after I cleared airways on a few pneumonia patients, so despite safety gear in place, and handwashing, and supplements, well here we are with headaches and coughing fits. Se La Vie.

I used to try to sign my DH up for free flu shots, but he always said, "Are you kidding? Flu? That could be a whole week or two off work! I'm takin it!"

5. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    It's bad here in Iowa. Lots of people down with it. Worried about my son, his cough is terrible.

6. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Quote:Our 14 year old likes the "mucinex". But had to start with a Zofran to keep it down. Then the mucinex makes it easier to cough out that mucous, once its thinned out. when its too thick, it gets stuck up in the airway! Thats so scary. So he's got a routine: Zofran, then the Xopenex nebulizer to open the airway in the chest, then the mucinex pill, then expect to cough it out in about 30 minutes. then he can sleep the rest of the day peacefully.

The best thing about the flu? The day you wake up and realize its done.

And we realized a while back that fevers make our kids taller. [​IMG] they like that part of being sick. sometimes, need to go out to find longer pants after the illness is done LOL!

7. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    My daughter and I are just getting over it here in NC. Thankfully we didn't have the stomach issues. But those first 2 days were crucial for me. I was in bed and not awake for more than an hour all day! My family has a history of reacting badly to the flu shot, so I'd rather go through it than react badly to the shot. So far DH and DS have not gotten it. I'm just in waiting mode and giving them and DD and myself extra vitamins.

8. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    We just got over it a couple of weeks ago. Every body around here seems to have some type of sickness. Get Better!!!

Chicken Girl in Wisconsin

9. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Oh- It is so bad- here- I am sitting here with a box of kleenex- In the past week 5 people have called out from work and I have had to work SICK-13 hour days- sigh- It is going around bad here!! In the schools too!!!

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Loved the great weather we had the last few days but thanks to it I've now got a Spring Cold in freakin' January.

Only in Texas. [​IMG]

Hugs and Soup your way!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by