Got me a Bantam...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hteeter2, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hteeter2

Hteeter2 Chirping

Mar 7, 2018
    IMG_20180404_113809.jpg He or she was all alone with Cornish Rock chicks. They were pushing and bullying the little Bantam. It had pastie butt, but I treated it once I got home. The vent wasn't clogged yet, so I'm hopeful my Bantam baby will grow up happy and healthy. My heart wouldn't let me leave without him or her. Anyone know what kind of Bantam baby I got? I don't got a clue.

enoryz, bantamsrmyfav and Lbernie7 like this.
  2. Lbernie7

Lbernie7 Chirping

Mar 29, 2018
    Totally NOT an expert by any means, but this little one looks like how my baby Rhode Island Reds looked when I got them. Kind of a deep strawberry blonde color. GOOD LUCK! And bless your heart for taking that baby home with you ❤️

bantamsrmyfav likes this.
  3. Hteeter2

Hteeter2 Chirping

Mar 7, 2018
    I got Rhode Island Reds, but this chick doesn't look look like they did. Plus my Bantam baby has feathers on it's feet. However I was told it wasn't a Silkie though. All I know is that its some kind of Bantam. I'm clueless otherwise on what it could be.

bantamsrmyfav and Lbernie7 like this.
  4. Lbernie7

Lbernie7 Chirping

Mar 29, 2018
    Hmmm... that’ll about boil your noodle won’t it?! Wow, well I have no idea lol like I said absolutely NOT an expert. It’s a beautiful baby though Good luck!

5. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Free Ranging

Mille fleur d’Uccle

mamamage and enoryz like this.
  6. Hteeter2

Hteeter2 Chirping

Mar 7, 2018
    My dad and I were looking at the pictures of chicks for that breed on Google after seeing your suggestion. We both saw a picture that looks just like my Bantam baby, and we think you might be spot on about what my little guy or gal is. I'm hoping that is exactly what I got because it will be so pretty if it is.

7. Abriana

Abriana Spicy Sugar Cookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    That was so kind of you to rescue the little guy. I did that once too, same thing was happening. One chick survived, the other died but I wasn’t due to pecking. It seemed weak.
    Do you just have one? Chickens are flock animals and need to be with other chickens.
    Good luck!

8. Hteeter2

Hteeter2 Chirping

Mar 7, 2018
    My little guy or gal was just being shoved around by bigger Cornish Rock chicks. When I got my Bantam baby; it had a bad case of pasty butt that I treated. He or she is a feisty little thing and I've had my Bantam baby for almost a week now. It's backside is currently bald from the pasty butt, but otherwise he or she is doing really good. Also the day after I got my Bantam baby; I got two Golden Sexlinks chicks for roommates for my Bantam baby. All three are together most of the time. I call them my three muskateers because they do very little without the others. They have bonded quite nicely with one another.

bantamsrmyfav and Abriana like this.
  9. Abriana

Abriana Spicy Sugar Cookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    Aw that’s good. The three musketeers! How cute!

10. enoryz

enoryz Songster

Apr 6, 2017
    Larose, Louisiana
    Does it have a tiny beard? I have one I picked up at TSC in an assorted pick. Its 5 weeks old now. We went a couple weeks ago and got 10 more and I think I got a white D'Uccle this time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: