Got me a bottle lamb

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by farmgirlie1031, Dec 27, 2008.

1. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Not really by choice but that's what I've got. I bought a ewe at auction about a month and a half ago. I knew she was pregnant and was looking forward to her lamb. I was not looking forward to having to take her lamb away from her:( She has a severe infection and has to have medication that the vet said would kill the lamb if he nurses on her. So here I am with a bottle lamb again. I wish she would have waited awhile longer as I would have rather put the lamb on another ewe to raise but none of my other ewes are due to lamb until Feb. so I am it's momma.

2. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    That little lamb is fortunate to have you.. good luck! [​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, and where are the pics!?? [​IMG] I want sheep next year...looking into getting Dorpers...hopefully!

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Quote:I found a breeder that is crossing a Dorper ram over his Katahdins and I'm getting two ewe lambs from him in the middle of January! I can't wait to bottle feed my wooly babies! [​IMG] Good luck on finding Dorpers, I had to travel 3 counties over to find mine!

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

There are several breeders here in IN....but like you...at LEAST 3 counties away. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by