Got more babies today!! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jandmeg07, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jandmeg07

jandmeg07 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    So I might have:lol: called the feed store this morning (and every other morning this week) to see if they got any chicks or ducklings and if so, what kind. They got ducklings today AND "araucanas" which are probably not true Araucanas, but you experts can tell me. (They are from Townline Hatchery in Zeeland, MI.) They will at the very least lay blue eggs and they are the cutest darn things I've ever seen. Except for maybe the bantams that I was so tempted to get...I'd never seen babies in person before and I can't believe they're that tiny!! I held off though, because I'm still waiting for BA's, BR's, and BO's. So here are my pics-hope you enjoy![​IMG]

All the new babies
    [​IMG]

Two and two
    [​IMG]

Good thing I've done this before or I would've thought I'd lost them!
    [​IMG]

Size comparison. Almost two week olds next to day olds. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My "big" girls...our almost two week old SLW's..Abby, Suzy, Penny, and Juliet.
    [​IMG]

2. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    The are very cute chicks. BTW my BIL lives next town over or under however you say it, in Indian River. We watched all the fireworks from Mullet lake last 4th of July. It is so nice up there.

3. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

egg

4. jandmeg07

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    LMAO...I don't even know where that came from. Apparently I had rooster on the brain! Okay, so they will lay blue EGGS. [​IMG]

5. jandmeg07

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    Nice job on the April Fool's BYC!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. cowman910

cowman910 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Suffolk County,NY
    Quote:did you ever try typing E G G [​IMG]

7. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    Aww how cute! Those duckies do look dead! That would scare me:}

8. jandmeg07

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    The are very cute chicks. BTW my BIL lives next town over or under however you say it, in Indian River. We watched all the fireworks from Mullet lake last 4th of July. It is so nice up there.

What a small world...How cool! We live on 27, just north of Topinabee right across from Mullet. We love it up here.

P.S. My chicks will lay blue E G G S? Maybe that'll work cowman, thanks [​IMG]

9. Slywoody

Slywoody Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    MINN.
    So I might have:lol: called the feed store this morning (and every other morning this week) to see if they got any chicks or ducklings and if so, what kind. They got ducklings today AND "araucanas" which are probably not true Araucanas, but you experts can tell me. (They are from Townline Hatchery in Zeeland, MI.) They will at the very least lay blue rooster and they are the cutest darn things I've ever seen. Except for maybe the bantams that I was so tempted to get...I'd never seen babies in person before and I can't believe they're that tiny!! I held off though, because I'm still waiting for BA's, BR's, and BO's. So here are my pics-hope you enjoy!

COOL!!!!!!!!!!

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Your chicks and pics are awesome. I am originally from Traverse City, Mi. I moved to Florida 40 years ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by