Got more eggs today...one with a chick in it!*UPDATE-PAGE 7 PICTURES!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by perfectly_polish, May 15, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I got 17 blue and black cochin eggs today, and I was candling them to check the air cells, and I was candling this one egg and I noticed it had a huge air cell and it was black and then I noticed something that looked like a beak in the air cell! This can't be a chick...can it?!?!?! But I made a little hole in the air cell and it is a chick! I put it in the incubator just in case, do you think the little baby could have made the trip?

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Wow! Guess that one wasn't fresh [​IMG]

3. silkieboxerluv

silkieboxerluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    hope so![​IMG]

4. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Wow! Is it still alive?

5. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:I'm not sure, I put it in the incubator just in case. I hope it made it!

6. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Made the trip from where? Did you buy these as hatching eggs and have them shipped?

7. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Yeah, they came from Georgia. They were shipped Tuesday and got here today.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, dear! Let us know what happens! [​IMG]

9. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

OMGoodnes!!!!! [​IMG] What in the world?!?! [​IMG] How could that kind of mistake been made?!?! [​IMG] Did you contact the seller? :eek: You will have to keep us up to date on this one!

10. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Harley's girl :

OMGoodnes!!!!! [​IMG] What in the world?!?! [​IMG] How could that kind of mistake been made?!?! [​IMG] Did you contact the seller? :eek: You will have to keep us up to date on this one!

Actually it was a swap I made with someone on here, I did contact them and they are very sorry and don't even know how it happened themselves. I just hope it makes it!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by