got my 2 pair of Pharoah Coturnix today!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by AHappychick, Jan 29, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    These are so cute thanks [email protected] Raiser. I have them inside for the next few days in one of my brooders. My SO picked up that awesome 6 cage stainless steal tier for me and I will get it tomorrow, and then I will move them to the garage where I can provide enough light for them to lay [​IMG] I think I might want the A&M and jumbo also, I mean there are 6 cages in the new tier and I ONLY have 4 small little quails at the moment.... I dont think it would be right to leave all that usable space..... [​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    YAY!!!!! I'm so glad to hear you got some!!!!!!!

HOw are the eggies doing I sent to ya I havent heard from ya!? [​IMG] <---edited to add...i *THINK* it was you I sold Golden Comets or RIRs too??? OR do I just need to go to bed!? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oh I thought I told you... sorry They arrived great one was cracked but I tossed it rather than waxing, all have been in bator and are going to hatcher on tues. I candled last night and all look like they are developing beautifully. I was actually hoping that one or two would be bad since I needed the space for my new show girl eggs but instead I just put the extra show girls on top since all of the commetts are doing so well. You will be hearing from me soon actually since I will be wanting some A&M and Jumbos soon. Thanks so much!!!

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:oh yay!!!! I am so happy to hear that!!!! From mine that have hatched, I've gotten some with black spots on their back, I think down the line they were crossed with those speckled WLHs thought that's just a guess. The hens are really cute, red tinted over yellow, some have more red than others and the roos are almost white (and adorable i find myself wanting to keep them all haha)! This is really exciting to me knowing they are doing well for you!!! woot! Well i better stop talking about chicken chicks on the other fowl forum i just wanted to check in haha!!!! [​IMG]

And great you're interested in some of my coturny stock that's always fun! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by