Got my babies today! 5.5 week pics pg 4 (dial up warning!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicken-owner-31, Nov 19, 2010.

1. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    I got my shipment in from Welp today and couldn't be any happier! They all arrived alive and healthy, despite living two days in a cardboard box! [​IMG]

They have finally quieted down, except for one loud mouthed Silkie chic who is bigger than all the others. He/she certianly seems to want to let the others know h/she is there! (If he doesn't settle then I will make sure to check his bo-bo for pasty butt.)

They are Silkies and Bantam Cochins. I can tell them apart by the extra toes and black legs. The black cochins have black beaks for now too, which threw me off at first. I would love to know what you guys think I got for colors! I know I got blacks and whites and red, but I'm really hoping that I got a few blue or splashs (or others) in there as well! [​IMG]

PICS! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought they might be cold (even though the thermometer was right at 92,) so I lowered the heating element a bit. Seemed to work, because they are all spread out now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited to add the video:
    [​IMG]

I'm so in love!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  2. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Oh how I love those little fuzzy butts. Sorry I can't help you out with the colors but congratulations on your new little babies. They are so cute cuddly.

3. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Congrats! [​IMG]

It's better than watching any TV show, enjoy your beautiful chicks.

4. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    [​IMG] Enjoy!

5. toby5

toby5 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2010
    TN
    sorry cant help with colors either but just wanted to say congrats on babies and tooo cute !
    & love the video

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  6. firsthouse_mp

firsthouse_mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    NorthernCal
    So so cute--love the fuzzy things!

7. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

They sure are cuties!

8. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    Thanks everyone! I am super excited, and can't wait for the kids to get home from school. My youngest (7) is the reason I got into chickens. Horses have been my thing, but he doens't give a rip about them. He has always loved chickens ever since he came home from a pre-school field trip to a petting zoo with two little cornish cross chicks when he was 4. When they died, I told him we would get him some more, but we would pick out what he wanted (since the cornish dont seem to last too long as pets!) He picked out Silkies and it snowballed from there! Hahaha!

I am going to get the older kids to help me "inventory" exactly what we have and our guesses as to gender. I'm sure I will be wrong, but it will be fun to play. [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Adorable! [​IMG]

10. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by