Got my brododer done, babies arriving in the morning

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by white01, May 18, 2010.

1. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    fantastic! Have fun!

3. white01

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    thanx , and I plan on having fun, i am sooo excited I feel like a little kid at xmas lol

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I know! It's hard to sleep waiting for the call from the P.O.!
    It is great fun until you can't sleep from all the CHEEPING! then you boot them out to the coop. It's all good! [​IMG]

5. white01

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    hehe, I dont sleep now, so at least I will have something to occupy me, [​IMG]

6. lizareny

lizareny In the Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Very cool, recycling can be your best friend, looks great! [​IMG]

7. white01

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    yes with limited funds love recycling, our coop is our recycled greenhouse, using the frame of it,(2x4)walls and rafters. got to love recycling

8. fastpat

fastpat Songster

Quote:It's good to see that you've completed the brooder AHEAD of getting chicks, some folks don't do that and have mixed success with their chicks.

Hopefully you don't have a rodent problem in your brooder location, or if you do, you have one of those ball-bearing, roaming mouse traps (aka a cat) who thins them out to nothing.

Otherwise, things are looking very good.

9. white01

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    Quote:It's good to see that you've completed the brooder AHEAD of getting chicks, some folks don't do that and have mixed success with their chicks.

Hopefully you don't have a rodent problem in your brooder location, or if you do, you have one of those ball-bearing, roaming mouse traps (aka a cat) who thins them out to nothing.

Otherwise, things are looking very good.

Thanx, I have been doing lots of research, want my chicks to be happy and healthy, the brooder is located at the end of our hallway, near my sons room(who is going to college this fall) it is a safe place and I havent yet had a problem with rodents (knock on wood)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by