Got my chicks help me identify (Pic heavy)

donnaIL

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
SouthernIL
I ordered several breeds from Ideal they arrived today in good shape.

Breeds are: California Whites, Golden Sex Link, Barred Rock, Silver & Gold Wyandotte, Ameraucana (EEs), Speckled Sussex, Salmon Faverolle, and Buff Brahma
Also 4 Roos: EE, G Wyandotte, Speckled Sussex and Salmon Faverolle

I included my guess, think I have some right, others???

3 of the Roos (ink marked on head) EE, Faverolle and GWyandotte
Roos.jpg

California Whites
CaliforniaWhites.jpg

Golden Sex Links
GoldSexLink.jpg

Barred Rock
BarredRocks-1.jpg

Easter Eggers
EasterEggers.jpg

Faverolles
SalmonFaverolle.jpg

Buff Brahmas
BuffBrahmas.jpg

Not sure of these:
Speckled Sussex?
SpeckledSussex.jpg

Wyandotte? Gold or Silver
SilverWyandotte.jpg

Whatisit.jpg

I also have a very black chick, picture didn't turn out good so I will retake, I thought maybe it was the SS Roo. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not much help. All I can tell ya is that you got the buff brahmas right.
Such sweet little babies, all of them.
smile.png

Don't know about speckles Sussex but using deduction I believe you have it all under control. Although the Rocks and the White aren't showing up for me for some reason but looks like you have them all right.

Quote:
Thanks I fixed the link, also I cannot tell if the bottom photos are Golden or Silver Wyandotte. I will take a picture of the one different black on and post. I tried to photo everything, but I may have missed some since they Wyandotte & EE look alot alike..maybe the bottom photo is another photo of the sussex, also I cant seem to find one marked roo...I know as time passes I will be able to tell better. Thanks everyone.

In the second pic is that feathering on the legs of the right one? You may have accidentally put a Fav in that pic.

ETA: In the two bottom pics The top ones look like silver and the bottom ones look like gold

Last edited:
Quote:
could be...they started all looking alike
lol.png

now here is the mystery chick...what do you think this is?

050.jpg

If I got the other Roos right, maybe this is the Sussex Roo?

Thanks! seems like the wait was forever and now I get to watch them grow:cool:

The little black one is probably a roo. His little feet are huge and his legs are pretty thick. Not sure though on what he is. I can't remember any of my chicks looking like that...

Back
Top Bottom