Got my chicks this morning!!!! *pics*

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
wee.gif

ya.gif

I got a call this morning at 7:30 from my post office letting me know that my chicks had arrived.

I ordered 8 Ideal 236 Leghorns, all are fine, but 3 don't have any spots? 5 Easter Eggers, but one of them was dead
hit.gif
and 5 Silkies all are fine. And I got EIGHT packing peanuts....
th.gif
I have no idea what they are. They are a reddish brown color with a yellow belly and one of them has a black dot on it's head.

Pictures loading, will post soon...

Pictures!

All the little peepers...

DSCN3212.jpg

DSCN3203.jpg

Easter Egger pullets

DSCN3210.jpg

Silkie baby

DSCN3207.jpg

The Peanuts.... anyone know what they are??

DSCN3200.jpg

DSCN3202.jpg

This is the one with the black dot on it's head..

DSCN3201.jpg

Last edited:
Your packing peanuts look like my Golden Comets did when they were babies.

Can be Red-sex-links too. THey are very good layers if they are all pullets. Keep them, they are really pretty too.

Very cute chicks! Congratulations! Sorry for the loss, but be happy! You got lots of chicks!

That silkie chick looks adorable. My guess is the peanut ones might be Rhode Island Reds or New Hampshire Reds. I have New Hampshire Reds and they look similar to those chicks, but they might be something different, too(Red Sex Links as luvchickies said)

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful experience with them!
celebrate.gif

You could call the hatchery and ask if the packing peanuts they use are male, female, or straight run.

Until they start developing it's hard to tell their sexes without being an experienced sexer. You are going to have to wait a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom