Got my chicks today, one is a total Biotch!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by brahmamomma, Mar 10, 2012.

1. brahmamomma

brahmamomma Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    so i got my girls in today. 2 buffs, 2 light brahmas, 1 rir, 1 ee, and 1 barred rock. the rock, violet, is my offical fav. she was pasting and was such a trooper while i cleaned her bum. the rir i almost didnt get but figured there was a reason i picked her up so i brought her home as well, she was the first to the water and food. her name is clementine, and she is another fav. the ee is pretty aloof, but doesnt peck when you go to grab her. she is gentle when held, i think ill name her josephine. then theres the 2 buffs which seem nice enough, no names yet. and the 2 light brahma, one is pretty calm, but the other is A DEVIL!!! hahaha she is just a day old and already pecking my hand and trying to fight me off when getting picked up. is this a possible roo? or is she already taking over the dominant roll of the bunch. the place i got them from guarantees they are all pullet, but only 90%. ANYHOW!!!! what im wondering is, is this normal behavior for such a young chick? or is she going to be a total pain in the rear?[​IMG]

2. brahmamomma

brahmamomma Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    correction...they are 2 to 3 days old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by