got my chicks today

yfchoice

Songster
11 Years
Dec 28, 2008
Sandy, Utah
Hi ya'll. I've been reading all of the great posts here for the last 2 months and told my wife.......we're doing chickens. She just sighed. Of course, she sighed when I (over the last 10 years) took out most of our back yard for our garden. She sighed last year when I took out all of the grass from the front to xeriscape. She's always happy with my project's outcomes....it's just the start of a new one that makes her nervous.

Anyway, this morning I picked up the chicks from a local lady who orders from hatcheries (usually 200 chicks at a time). I only got 6...3 Barred Rocks and 3 Rhode Island Reds. They are cuuuuuuuute. My wife almost missed going to work, she was so enamored. They are healthy and doing great. My stepson is building the coop and they will go out hopefully in 6 weeks. We get a lot of snow in the Salt Lake City area, but, by March, the temps will be warmer.

This is a great site. I will post pics as soon as I learn how. One of my other sons is going to teach me how.

thumbsup.gif
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations!
clap.gif
Keeping chickens is a great hobby. When they're old enough it's so fun collecting their eggs.
smile.png

I love the little fluffy chickies! Do you have pictures?

Back
Top Bottom