1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got my CHICKS today

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by carolinacooper, Mar 12, 2008.

1. carolinacooper

carolinacooper Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2008
    Hello everyone.Just want to say I ordered 25 Black Star pullets from Welp poultry and they arrived this morning.They are very lively and healthy.[​IMG]

2. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Awww. Congrats!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Congrats! And...ummm, where are the pics!?? [​IMG]

4. carolinacooper

Feb 29, 2008
    Sorry yall, I don't have a digital camera (yet).They are very healthy chicks.I can't wait to turn them loose in the yard so they can find some healthy treats!Its supposed to be 75degrees here today in my part of NC.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  5. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    wait a few weeks to turn them out....

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:????????? What part of the state are you in?!! Remember or last frost here (in the peidmont) is April 20th. You'll want to keep an eye on your babies

7. carolinacooper

Feb 29, 2008
    Maybe I should have worded my post different.I only turned them out in the grass while I cleaned out my brooder today......

8. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    congrats on getting them, quite a few latly are having chicks lost in the mail [​IMG]

9. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

When I was out planting strawberries I had out wee ones out with me. They of course had a cage top on them so they could scratch the ground and not get bullied by the big chickens [​IMG] They had so much fun scratching about in the dirt. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by