Got my eggs!!!! day 21 is here! 17 out -COMPLETE -PICS added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Jul 9, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    OMG! I ordered three sets of eggs, 2 12+ AND 1 6+. I now have 53 eggs to put in my bator [​IMG] . Not ONE egg was cracked or broken! So thank you Dipsy Doodle Doo, Chellester, and Newchickenmom! Lisa the color of those Ameraucana is awesome, and can't wait to see what comes out of those frizzle eggs! Michelle not sure how you got that many eggs into that box without a single problem, but you did! I almost dropped [​IMG] when I saw how many were in there, thanks again! Newchickenmom, you said you sent 7, well there were 8, one is bigger, this a surprise or another silkie? I feel bad for that poor girl if it was a silkie [​IMG] . Also when you unpack your eggs when you receive them, you might want to check the box better, I found an egg when I was pulling the stuff for recycle. It was dated 6/22 with a "c" on it, since it doesn't smell I tossed it in the bator anyway, can't just throw it away [​IMG]
    Thanks again!
    Krista

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    HAPPY HATCHING!!![​IMG]

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Oh, and they came to Maine from Nebraska, South Carolina, and Washington state in 2 days! I'm so happy I don't have to stagger the hatch [​IMG]

4. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] Are you originally from Maine? I am not sure you are but THAT is a yankee thing to do. [​IMG]

You do things in a BIG way. I can tell.[​IMG]

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I am originally from Mass, and yes I know what the Maine natives call us [​IMG]

Krista

6. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:heh heh, only when you're driving.[​IMG]

7. Hi Krista! So glad to hear they made it OK --- that was quick.
    Did you candle the Am's to check for wigglers after the temp incident?
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    yes I looked last night. I have 5 from you that look great and 3 that are iffy(the rest stated to develop but the veins pulled away and there was only a blob, must have been a rough ride), all in all not too horrible for being 103.5 [​IMG] With the heat that's moved in, the only thing on in the bator is the fan. Even with an a/c on, the eggs and fan motor must put off enough heat. I only need to turn the lamp on very low at night. I will let you know how these ones develop and when the rest hatch [​IMG]
    Thanks again Lisa!
    Krista

9. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    [​IMG] I MISSED AN EGG!!!!!! [​IMG] that's a frizzle/cochin from bugladyleah, that would be funny if it hatched, its REALLY old!! all the eggs i sent are silkies, my white hen lays big eggs, you can tell which ones are hers and which one is the partridge hen. glad they all made it ok, hope they all hatch well for you!!

10. Hahaha! That's so funny!
    I actually thought you meant an egg from a box you'd rec'd earlier and just found. I get it now [​IMG]
    If it was layed the 22nd, it's only 17 days old --- you might get lucky and get an 'extra' chick [​IMG]
    I've got some chicks from the Frizz pen in a brooder now (I hadn't hatched any from that pen in a year), I'll get some pics (and no NN's from my hatch, both Frizz NN girls were broody when I set mine).

[​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by