Got my federal tax refund today!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    All I can say is [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I'm waiting on state. [​IMG]

2. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    so does this mean your new goats are being bought soon?? [​IMG]

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Congrats. I am still waiting on my tax refund. When that comes in. Hatching egg sellers beware [​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yep - the sooner you mail that return in, the sooner you get your $$$.

Of course, we always have to pay. [​IMG]

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    We got ours several weeks ago. We were pretty pleased at the amount but we're spending it all on a new roof. We really need it, but it's not very exciting! [​IMG] Well, it is a little exciting, 'cause we're getting a fancy energy-saving metal roof.

Now if only we could decide what color to get. [​IMG] I fear we're gonna end up with boring 'ol silver on the roof for the next 75 years...

6. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    I always have mine done on the 5 of January and am biting my nails waiting for the 11th of Jan (the first day you can legally file) and have my return back the 25. I LOVE January!! God bless the IRS [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

We never get a refund. Since we're self-employed farmers we always have to pay in.....March 1 is our tax due date. [​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    We got our state a while ago. Our federal refund is due to be mailed the 23. You can call the IRS 800# and check the status. I did and got the date as well as a message that DH made a silly error which they corrected. It was in our favor by a significant amount!! [​IMG]

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*If you sell eggs-- that should mean that you can deduct chickens & chicken expenses-- right???

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    dk - than you have to report the income. The Gov wants their share [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by