1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Got my federal tax refund today!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    All I can say is [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I'm waiting on state. [​IMG]

2. OHChick

OHChick Songster

May 8, 2007
    so does this mean your new goats are being bought soon?? [​IMG]

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Congrats. I am still waiting on my tax refund. When that comes in. Hatching egg sellers beware [​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yep - the sooner you mail that return in, the sooner you get your $$$.

Of course, we always have to pay. [​IMG]

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    We got ours several weeks ago. We were pretty pleased at the amount but we're spending it all on a new roof. We really need it, but it's not very exciting! [​IMG] Well, it is a little exciting, 'cause we're getting a fancy energy-saving metal roof.

Now if only we could decide what color to get. [​IMG] I fear we're gonna end up with boring 'ol silver on the roof for the next 75 years...

6. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Songster

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    I always have mine done on the 5 of January and am biting my nails waiting for the 11th of Jan (the first day you can legally file) and have my return back the 25. I LOVE January!! God bless the IRS [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

We never get a refund. Since we're self-employed farmers we always have to pay in.....March 1 is our tax due date. [​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Songster

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    We got our state a while ago. Our federal refund is due to be mailed the 23. You can call the IRS 800# and check the status. I did and got the date as well as a message that DH made a silly error which they corrected. It was in our favor by a significant amount!! [​IMG]

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*If you sell eggs-- that should mean that you can deduct chickens & chicken expenses-- right???

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    dk - than you have to report the income. The Gov wants their share [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: