got my first chicks!!

Kerilou

Songster
10 Years
Sep 15, 2009
Ellenburg Depot, NY
I ordered from McMurray way back in March to get them this week--I was expecting them today or tomorrow, and they came YESTERDAY! From Iowa to the Canadian border of Northern NY in one day! I was shocked! Nothing ever gets here that fast...we got 27 babies and they all look spry and active..no casualties *yet*! This is my first order, and I am pleased so far!

caf.gif
pictures of your new fuzzy butts, please???

I laughed when you said they're going to take naps, implying that they'll do that together. Not going to happen. They'll run like mad for about 15 minutes, then collapse for 5 minutes, then start again. Mine are still too active for me to accurately count the pullets and the cockerels at 7 weeks, but they don't nap as often.

Here are a few pics! We got Black Australorps, Light Brahmas and Araucanas (EE'ers) from Murray McMurray's yesterday...
100_0259r.jpg

100_0260r.jpg

100_0263r.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL!!
No, I actually meant my BABIES...I do daycare for a 7 month old and a 10 month old! LOL!!
yuckyuck.gif

My hubby and I have raised hundreds of baby pheasants in the past, so although these are my first chicken chicks, not my first experience with chicks..LOL!!

Quote:
LOL!!
No, I actually meant my BABIES...I do daycare for a 7 month old and a 10 month old! LOL!!
yuckyuck.gif

My hubby and I have raised hundreds of baby pheasants in the past, so although these are my first chicken chicks, not my first experience with chicks..LOL!!

LOL...I thought you meant the chicks too! They are SO cute. In the upper shot, I love the coloring of the one toward the bottom right (slightly below of photo). Looks greying with pale wing fuzz...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom