got my first chicks!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kerilou, May 17, 2010.

1. Kerilou

Kerilou Songster

Sep 15, 2009
    Ellenburg Depot, NY
    I ordered from McMurray way back in March to get them this week--I was expecting them today or tomorrow, and they came YESTERDAY! From Iowa to the Canadian border of Northern NY in one day! I was shocked! Nothing ever gets here that fast...we got 27 babies and they all look spry and active..no casualties *yet*! This is my first order, and I am pleased so far!

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] pictures of your new fuzzy butts, please???

3. Kerilou

Kerilou Songster

Sep 15, 2009
    Ellenburg Depot, NY
    I will add a couple pics as soon as the babies go down for their naps!![​IMG]
    Keri

4. fastpat

fastpat Songster

I laughed when you said they're going to take naps, implying that they'll do that together. Not going to happen. They'll run like mad for about 15 minutes, then collapse for 5 minutes, then start again. Mine are still too active for me to accurately count the pullets and the cockerels at 7 weeks, but they don't nap as often.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You are blessed. They most likely shipped out on Friday.

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    ...and the fun begins!

7. Kerilou

Kerilou Songster

Sep 15, 2009
    Ellenburg Depot, NY
    Here are a few pics! We got Black Australorps, Light Brahmas and Araucanas (EE'ers) from Murray McMurray's yesterday...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2010

8. Kerilou

Kerilou Songster

Sep 15, 2009
    Ellenburg Depot, NY
    Quote:LOL!!
    No, I actually meant my BABIES...I do daycare for a 7 month old and a 10 month old! LOL!! [​IMG]
    My hubby and I have raised hundreds of baby pheasants in the past, so although these are my first chicken chicks, not my first experience with chicks..LOL!!

9. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:LOL!!
    No, I actually meant my BABIES...I do daycare for a 7 month old and a 10 month old! LOL!! [​IMG]
    My hubby and I have raised hundreds of baby pheasants in the past, so although these are my first chicken chicks, not my first experience with chicks..LOL!!

LOL...I thought you meant the chicks too! They are SO cute. In the upper shot, I love the coloring of the one toward the bottom right (slightly below of photo). Looks greying with pale wing fuzz... [​IMG]

10. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Adorable!!! They look like such little loves...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by