Got my first ducks... calls! - PICS added

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Dornes, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Dornes

Dornes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    South Western WI
    Can I just say that I am in LOVE with my new call ducks. I have chickens that I just got a couple months ago and the poultry math has already kicked in.... last night I went to look at some calls that are 3 months old and I come home with 5 of them. 4 hens and one drake. And then I also got two guinea chicks.... sheesh... add that to the chickens that I have and we are full of feathers over here! [​IMG]

I will get some pics up later - but I am surely enjoying my windows being open today and listening to them call [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Can't wait to see them. We love our calls too, we have one girl who sounds like she is laughing when she calls. They are great stress relief.

3. Dornes

Dornes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    South Western WI
    Here's some pictures. If anyone can help me determine the colors of these calls that would be super! [​IMG] (sorry for the photo quality. I sized them down for faster uploads...

[​IMG]

This one is the drake
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hen. is this one a lavender?
    [​IMG]

Hen - she is all white.
    [​IMG]

Hen - she is really pretty [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hen - she is speckly. I also have a black one that is super camera shy but she is not speckled and only has a white bib... no white on her head... what would they be also?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking. I <3 my ducks! [​IMG]

4. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    No help on the colors, but they are SUPER cute and I am SUPER jealous! I want to add a little call (or two) to my flock someday! [​IMG] Especially love the white one!

5. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    The drake looks like he might be a Butterscotch call. The white hen is a White call (obviously). Not sure about the others, though. Happy adding!

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Can't help with colors (other than the white one [​IMG] ) but I wanted to say that they sure are cute [​IMG] Congrats

7. SoCalChick

SoCalChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Valley Center, CA
    I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    Great pictures!!!!

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Maybe Khakis on the first ones, Blue Bib on the second one and a Black Bib on the last one(of course, the White one is obvious [​IMG]).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by