1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got my first ducks!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Minniechickmama, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I finally broke down, after looking at Call ducks and thinking how cute they are, I got 10 of them last night from a local breeder along with 6 Jumbo Pekins for the boys to show at 4-H and then put in our freezer. My husband has said since I got chickens, "Why don't you raise some ducks?" So, we are doing just that. The Calls are for me and my daughter who is 9. She isn't quite big enough to handle the larger birds, so this is a good size to start her with, I think. I will be starting their hutch come Monday. (Like I didn't have enough projects going already with all my chickens. I have some Calls and Cresteds in the bator now too thanks to CindyS! And turkeys! Lordy, lordy, I must be crazy!

2. Batty about Banties

Batty about Banties Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    I am getting a Pekin pair tomorrow and 2 pekin ducklings!! Have fun with yours! [​IMG]

3. grammypam

grammypam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Oronoco,Minnesota
  4. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    im looking for some calls were did you get your eggs?

5. WinstonTweezers

WinstonTweezers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    great i got three yesterday and i have soo many qwestions enjoy your ducklings! [​IMG]

6. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:I got the ducklings from a local breeder/friend. The eggs were part of a grab bag auction on here from CindyS.

Now, I just got my BC Marans eggs today!!!
    Those little chickies in bator number 2 better get bustin' out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by