Got my first "easter egg" today

CC Lefty

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 15, 2009
San Joaquin Valley, CA
I went out to check the coop this morning at about 6:30. I noticed one of my easter eggers had taken up residence just outside of the boxes. About an hour later I returned to find a nice medium sized grey egg. Once I convinced myself it was "sage" green, I was a bit more please. Either way, I was very happy to see that my EE's are starting to earn their feed. Too cool.

Cheers,

Seth

wee.gif
Congrats
thumbsup.gif

I got my first EE about two days ago then one the next day. It was so eciting to go out and found that little green egg hiding in the straw. Can't wait for the rest to lay.
jumpy.gif

Congratulations!
wee.gif

It is a bit of a surprise when you expect a blue egg and get something else. I have 3 EE, one lays light cream eggs, one very olive green, one that teeters between olive green and an aqua blue/green mix. But they all taste yummy!

Got my first easter egg yesterday too! The other young 'uns have been laying for a couple weeks, so I have been waiting in GREAT suspense for the little ladies to make their easter eggs.

And here is the first one! I think I will make it my avatar....
19503_pc060004.jpg

Newchicksnducks, I didn't realize EEs could lay cream eggs...hmmm. I only have four EE hens; I hope they all lay an unusual color! But if one lays cream, that's ok, the other 3 will lay cool ones at least.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom