Got my first "easter egg" today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CC Lefty, Dec 5, 2009.

1. CC Lefty

CC Lefty Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2009
    San Joaquin Valley, CA
    I went out to check the coop this morning at about 6:30. I noticed one of my easter eggers had taken up residence just outside of the boxes. About an hour later I returned to find a nice medium sized grey egg. Once I convinced myself it was "sage" green, I was a bit more please. Either way, I was very happy to see that my EE's are starting to earn their feed. Too cool.

Cheers,

Seth

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!

3. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    [​IMG] Congrats [​IMG]

I got my first EE about two days ago then one the next day. It was so eciting to go out and found that little green egg hiding in the straw. Can't wait for the rest to lay. [​IMG]

4. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations![​IMG]

It is a bit of a surprise when you expect a blue egg and get something else. I have 3 EE, one lays light cream eggs, one very olive green, one that teeters between olive green and an aqua blue/green mix. But they all taste yummy!

5. chickon

chickon Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2008
    Got my first easter egg yesterday too! The other young 'uns have been laying for a couple weeks, so I have been waiting in GREAT suspense for the little ladies to make their easter eggs.

And here is the first one! I think I will make it my avatar....
    [​IMG]

Newchicksnducks, I didn't realize EEs could lay cream eggs...hmmm. I only have four EE hens; I hope they all lay an unusual color! But if one lays cream, that's ok, the other 3 will lay cool ones at least. [​IMG]

6. bantybev

bantybev Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2009
    SW Michigan
    Congratulations to you both!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Congratulations!! I can't wait to find out what color I'll be getting...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by