Got my first egg today!!!!!!!

hottexaschick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 2, 2008
Collin County, Texas
When I walked into the coop this afternoon I almost stepped on our very first egg. I ran out of the coop yelling for the hubby too "LOOK WHAT I FOUND!" After searching around the coop we found FIVE more. Our girls are 21 weeks old today and I'm so relived that they've started laying, I was starting to think McMurrey had sent me feathered pigs.
lol.png

Congrats. We got our first egg at 20 weeks to the day... then only a couple more over the next week.

WOW.... FIVE at once!

They're payin' rent!

Congrats!!! I found my first egg today also! Little Serama egg not much larger than a quarter. I almost peed on myself. Isn't this the greatest!!!! Tell those girls thats what nesting boxes are for....I had a golf ball in mine and it worked. Have you tried that? Wishing you many many more to come. Claudia

When I went out to close the coop last night I spent a few minutes looking around and talking to my girls telling them "I know it's silly to look for eggs, but after all the money we've put in building a coop, run, food, bedding and of course buying you girls I'm running on the hope that one day soon, one of you may grace us with an egg." And then naming of chicken recipes I could turn them into if they didn't start pulling there weight.

The hubby says that to break even we need to sell these 6 eggs for $100 each.
tongue.png

My advise to all of you waiting for you first egg...... Don't be above guilt tripping you hens. If that doesn't work try death threats.
wink.png

Congrats! That is exciting. When mine started laying I didn't notice right away and found a nest of 6 eggs in the strawberry patch.

Did they taste good?

Congrats to your first egg! My daughter has been out in the coop all morning...coming in and saying...an egg is coming..an egg is coming! I have one girl that has been in "making" a nest in the nest box!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom