Got my first egg today!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kickinchicken, Aug 18, 2010.

1. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    My toddler found our first egg today! We have 3 pullets and 2 babies. So it was one of the 3 older girls. They will be 6 months old on the 23rd of this month. I think it was my Sultan. She's been a little loud lately. It could also have been the Sebright. Definitely not the buff Cochin, they lay brown eggs. So..YAY for us. One of my girls is a woman. Not sure who it is yet.
  2. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    That is TOO COOL that your little one found it!!! Congrats!!!
  3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    How exciting for your little one to have found it! Congratulations!! [​IMG]
  4. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    [​IMG] your just like me with different breeds lol, now you will be haunting that nest box all week long [​IMG]
  5. Ruth Ann

Ruth Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    South Carolina
    We got our first eggs today too [​IMG]
  6. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!
  8. redturtle

redturtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    stanardsville, va
    congrats...isnt it sooo exciting!!!
    ours started laying in june....we are still excited to go find the eggs (course we are still waiting on 3 more to start...LOL)
  9. kickinchicken

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I am on the hunt for more eggs. I have no idea where she found this egg [​IMG] as the nest box is in the new coop under construction, so I have no clue where this egg was laid. [​IMG] My girls free range in our back yard and there are so many places I need to look. Its fun, though. Hopefully they will keep the egg laying to the area near the coop. [​IMG]
    I have been asking the hens who laid the egg and they give me this look like I'm crazy. [​IMG] I just wish I knew who our big girl is. [​IMG]
  10. kickinchicken

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Well, found the second egg today and I figured out who did it! It was my little velocoraptor...I mean, Sebright, Houdini. She was singing her little egg song when I went into the coop this morning and she ACTUALLY let me pick her up and hug her! She never just stands there and accepts love. Maybe she was still in her egg laying hormonal state. The second egg is a smidge larger than her first. What a big girl! And she's my smallest hen. I call her my pocket chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by