Got my first egg today!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by martinjj, Aug 21, 2010.

1. martinjj

martinjj Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2010
    Lakeland Florida
    We had 4 RIR we got as chics from the feed store and 3 of them turned out to be Roo's, so into the soup pot they went.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] So Luna has been a bit sad the past week:( but to my suprise she had left us a nice med. sized egg today!! Just kinda neat it being our first egg:) I would really hate to add all the time and money that has been spent to get that first egg, but you know what? I would do all again. It sure has been very rewarding in many ways.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. Cowboy_Shamblin

Cowboy_Shamblin Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    Elk City
    since the egg recall more people will start raising chickens to have healthy eggs

3. dee88

dee88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas
    Congratulations:D How old is your hen? I have 5 pullets, about 18 wks. old and I'm waiting....and waiting...and waiting.[​IMG]

4. tcates

tcates Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

Still waiting here.....

5. martinjj

martinjj Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2010
    Lakeland Florida
    she is about 19-20 weeks! I wasn't really expecting her to give us an egg right after her loseing all her men!!! I thought she would take a bit longer.[​IMG]

6. LarrySC

LarrySC Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2010
    congrats;;; WE have 8 hens, and they started laying this week, This is a big "thang" for all of us..

7. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by