Got my first Egg today.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mommyoftwo, Aug 11, 2013.

1. mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2013
    I went out to my coop to give my girls their treats today and checked in their coop. And I found an EGG. Such a nice brown egg. It is a little smaller than the store bough eggs, but I didn't pay a dime for it... Cant wait till the rest of them are laying.

2. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Congrats on the egg I'm waiting for mine.

3. hensRfun

hensRfun Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2012
    Washington State
    Congratulations on the egg! I love getting that first egg from a young hen after waiting so long. [​IMG]

4. mommyoftwo

Mar 25, 2013
    She didnt lay today. I have gotten eggs 4 days in a row but nothing today. Should I be worried?

5. mommyoftwo

Mar 25, 2013
    She didnt lay today. I have gotten eggs 4 days in a row but nothing today. Should I be worried?

6. sbhkma

sbhkma Chillin' With My Peeps

Worried? na. 4 in a row for a first-time layer is awesome! You should be proud [​IMG]

7. mommyoftwo

Mar 25, 2013
    Ok thanks. She had another one waiting for me when I got home at 630 the following moring and has laided everyday since.

8. sbhkma

sbhkma Chillin' With My Peeps

Great! She'll lay a little later each day (about 1 1/2 hours thereabouts) and when the cycle is too late in the day she'll skip a day again. Being a new layer, she may skip 2 or 3 days. One of my new layers has skipped 1 day every 6 or 7days. Another will lay for 4 or 5 days then skip 2 or 3 days-but she lays lovely dark brown eggs of really decent size for a new layer so I forgive her [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by