Got my first egg today!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I remember my first egg and it was a great feeling. What was even better was my 20 year old son who acted like he was age 5, standing there holding this egg, amazed that it was warm to the touch. It was like he was a little kid again!

I've only been at this for about 1 1/2 years but I still find it exciting and I know I walk out to "talk" to the chickens and check eggs about 5 times a day. I may only be out there 5 minutes but I look forward to our chats.

It never gets old!! ;-)

Oh yeah, I creep on my poor chickens all day long now since two of them started laying last Wed and there are two or three more going to start any day now. ^_^ Those eggs aren't even cold yet and I've got them gathered up every morning. Poor chickens are gonna start locking the coop door from the inside for some privacy.

Katt66, that's funny. Yea I do the same talk to them, check on them every chance I get it's a good feeling. I'm going to trade out my pigmy rooster today for anther hen, he started to crooke !!! He's out!! Let see what I get to add to the gang.

Back
Top Bottom